The Ultimate Lemon Cake Recipe
If you’re a lemon fan, this lemon cake is for you. It is so sweet in the mouth that it is a treat at snack time. This lemon cake is super light, soft and the lemon gives it a slight acidity that brings freshness. It is certainly a lemon cake of the most classic but so good, melting and very soft, ideal for a good snack.
This moist, flavorful lemon cake is quick and easy to make and will be a favorite at your breakfast or snack table if you try it. It is very large so don’t run away when you see the amount of sugar. You can lower it a bit but not too much because otherwise the acidity of the lemon will take over and also you won’t have a cake as puffy as mine.
This cake is a must in my house and it has been tested a lot by my subscribers on facebook and on my youtube channel. I had very positive feedback that you can read in the comments below the video.
For a 30/11 cm cake pan
5 large or 6 medium eggs
265 g sugar
170 ml oil
2 packets of baking powder (14 g in all)
2 tablespoons lemon zest
70 ml lemon juice
315 g flour
For the soaking syrup
20 ml lemon juice and 2 teaspoons lemon peel
50 ml water
3 tablespoons of sugar
Preheat oven to 170°.
1. Beat the eggs with the sugar in a mixer until they are white, add the oil while continuing to beat, the lemon zest and juice.
2. Beat well and add the flour and sifted yeast.
3. Mix well and put in a buttered cake tin with a strip of baking paper at the bottom.
4. Put in the oven and bake for about 50 min to 1 hour more or less. check the cooking with a skewer pricked in the heart, which must come out dry.
Syrup to soak (optional but it gives it a tangy taste)
To prepare while the cake is cooking
1. Bring the juice, sugar and lemon zest to a boil. Allow to melt the sugar and let it cool.
2. strain through a sieve to remove the zest. Baste the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.